format & rules
The NorthRaceWestphalia is a self-supported bike race. Starting from the river Rhine in Bad Honnef, Germany, the challenging round course will take you to various checkpoints. To beat the race you will have to climb about 10.000moa and endure more than 1.000k in the saddle. The route between the checkpoints has to be planned by you. Whether you prefer to ride on smooth tarmac, rough gravel or soft forest soils is totally up to you.
Rules for the NorthRaceWestphalia 2023
- Find your own way from checkpoint to checkpoint.
- You can ride solo, duo or in grupetto mode (please provide a team name in the registration form when riding non-solo).
- Riders are fully self-supported. That means:
- No external support from family, friends or others outside the group of riders.
- No sleep-overs at family or friends‘ places.
- Only use what’s available to everyone in the group of riders.
- If a stranger offers you food, drinks, mechanical support or a place to sleep – lucky you. Accept it and make new friends on the way.
- Support among riders is not forbidden!
- If you meet in the middle of nowhere while refueling and you want to share a coke, go ahead and enjoy! If you pass by another rider who’s fixing the bike, ran out of spare parts and you could help – do so!
- While on the bike:
- No drafting for solo riders.
- Always follow the rules and laws of the respective countries (in Germany: Straßenverkehrsordnung).
- No ferries.
- To be part of the general classement of the full course riders must clear all checkpoints in numeric order.
- At the finish all riders are encouraged to welcome following riders with cool drinks.
- There is nothing to win. All profits will be donated to Doctors Without Borders.
The German Road Traffic Regulations (StVO) and the German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO) apply to the use of public roads. The initiators of the ride and the publishers of the checkpoints (and their supporters) assume no liability for damages resulting from participation in the NorthRaceWestphalia. By registering via the registration form, interested parties agree that they act on their own responsibility and that they unconditionally exclude the initiators from any liability.
Where We Are
Kreativkollektiv Ehrenfeld e.V.